Military Voting Tips
It's Time to Vote! Here are 5 Tips to Get Your Ballot Back On Time
If you requested an absentee ballot, it's on its way to you! Vote, sign and send it back as soon as it arrives.
Here are 5 tips to make sure your ballot makes it back to your state on time.
1. Send by the recommended vote-by date.
October 5 for for active duty service members without MPS access.
October 13 for active duty service members stationed overseas.
October 27 for active duty service members stationed stateside.
But no need to wait — you can vote, sign and send your ballot as soon as it arrives.
2. Ballots can travel by mail, email, or fax. Just select your state to see their specific submission guidelines.
3. You can check the status of your ballot. Just select your state and then click "Check the status of your voted ballot."
4. There's a backup ballot. If you haven't received your ballot by early October, use the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as a backup.
5. You may still have time to request an absentee ballot. Select your state to see if you still have time to request an absentee ballot with the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). Be sure to select to have the ballot sent to you by email to speed up the process.